People tend to try to find out which are the best ways to increase their height, but they seem to forget that there are so many factors that actually jeopardise their current height and condition. If you are one of those who have been trying to find the perfect program that can help height growth, take a minute and think: Are you doing anything so as to prevent all these conditions that can actually hinder your growth? Just think how much money and time you have been spending, trying to figure out what the best program is, while some activity or health issue might be cancelling the entire system you are following. You are reading now one of the most efficient and effective guides so as to increase your height and grow taller, so it is the right time to check if there is something that holds your progress back.
As we already said, poor diet and malnutrition are some of the crucial factors that can affect your growth negatively. If you are not taking the proper foods you are not giving your body the nutrients it needs. You might think that this repetition is tiring, but the truth is that if your metabolism slows down that much and if your hormones start showing some signs of imbalance, then you are already far for your initial growth potential. The calories you need depend on your age, your gender and your daily activities. There are many ways to calculate the calories intake, but as we said the quality is what matters the most. If you are already getting the amounts of nutrients you need, then you have to find the best possible way to get the amount of calories you need.
Cutting down on calories is good, so as to maintain a stable and good body weight, but keep in mind that if you cut down on them more than you should, you might end up with a very low metabolism and low energy. If you want to calculate the calories you intake, you can use this formula: It is known as the Harris Benedict Formula and it is very efficient: This is a simple method that can give you an idea on the calories you need to consume per day so as to ensure a proper body function. Do not consume much less than the result you get, and do not exceed it much either because your overall growth and energy could be in stake.
If you are not one of those who stay in bed all day doing nothing, you need to consider that the more active you are, the more energy you need, thus, you should increase the amount of calories taken.
Here is an estimate that you can use so as to determine your real needs in calories per day:
Hypothyridism is a very common condition today; unfortunately it is also one of those that jeopardise growth as nothing else. All conditions of the thyroid gland are considered to be serious diseases and need constant monitoring. Your body tells you that you are dealing with a hormonal imbalance, which makes you more susceptible to fatigue, joint aches and other serious conditions. The thyroid gland is the one that regulates the function of your metabolism and hypothyroidism is related to slow metabolism and a general slowing down of your body functions and energy levels.
The symptoms of hypothyroidism? If you are experiencing any of these symptoms you need to consult with a doctor as soon as possible, because you need to find a proper treatment for your condition. Thyroid problems might demonstrate with light symptoms, but in some cases the problems might be severe and complex.
This is a disease that can affect the reproductive system so that the testicles or ovaries aren’t functioning properly and are producing less sex hormone than normal. This can hinder the sexual development and cause some serious reproduction problems and hormonal imbalances.
Why do the testes stop working? There are many causes:
- Klinefelter’s syndrome which is an abnormality that people are born with
- Testicular agenesis. According to this abnormality the testes cannot develop
- Undescended testes: In this case surgery is required so as to bring them to the scrotum
- Torsion: twisting of the testes
- Surgical removal of both testicles mostly due to serious problems, such as cancer
- Trauma to the testicles
- Radiation or Chemotherapy or other therapy for serious illnesses, such as leukaemia or cancer
- Orchitis which happens because of testicles’ infection. Classical in adult onset mumps
- Alcohol abuse for a long time
This is a condition that refers to the non stimulation of the testes due to problems in the brain (hypothalamus, pituitary)
- Disease of the pituitary gland or hypothalamus
- Previous radiation to the pituitary gland or the hypothalamus such as for leukaemia
- Huge amounts of iron in the body
- Delays in development, growth and puberty
- Kallman’s syndrome: this is a deficiency of GnRH which comes with birth and is mainly associated with the inability to smell.
Replacing the sex hormones is the best treatment for the Hypogonadism issues and can deal effectively with the symptoms that occur when the testosterone levels are low.
People who are diagnosed with osteoporosis have to come in terms with the idea that their bones will soon become very thin and weak and that they will start shrinking. This is why it is always recommended for people to check their bone density often and follow a proper diet, rich in minerals and calcium.
What are the types of osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is either a primary disease and appears to people who are over 65-70 or secondary as a result of other conditions and the major classifications are:
1. Osteopenia (low bone mass) occurs when the bones’ density is between 1 and 2.5. It could be caused by glucocorticoid medications, gastrointestinal disease oreven smoking
2. Osteoporosis occurs when the bones’ density is less than 2.5 standard deviation in adults.
3. Established osteoporosis happens after a fracture or similar event, which comes as a result of the condition
Some of the prevention treatments include high amounts of Vitamin D and regular exercises – especially with weights – enough amounts of calcium and avoidance of smoking